- RSS Channel Showcase 4767639
- RSS Channel Showcase 8695483
- RSS Channel Showcase 7974277
- RSS Channel Showcase 1725562
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/14--11:14: _19 Stoner Questions...
- 09/22/14--13:54: _15 Adorable Kids Po...
- 09/23/14--12:58: _18 Tinder Messages ...
- 09/23/14--15:48: _Why Is There Spaghe...
- 09/24/14--01:29: _16 plats de spaghet...
- 09/26/14--13:05: _How To Write A Grea...
- 09/29/14--12:02: _A Beginner's Guide ...
- 10/03/14--09:46: _24 Times Tumblr Tol...
- 10/08/14--12:43: _6 Reasons You Shoul...
- 10/08/14--12:43: _29 Things You Can C...
- 10/10/14--11:14: _14 New Shows You Wo...
- 10/10/14--14:41: _You Need To See Thi...
- 10/15/14--11:57: _23 Perfect Hallowee...
- 10/15/14--16:26: _28 Iconic Fashion T...
- 10/20/14--13:08: _24 Iconic Fashion M...
- 10/23/14--11:01: _Who Said It: Jaden ...
- 10/27/14--13:59: _Poll: How Weird Are...
- 10/29/14--14:37: _23 Times Rap Lyrics...
- 10/31/14--10:42: _27 Times Tumblr Cap...
- 10/31/14--14:18: _The Masturbation Su...
- 09/22/14--13:54: 15 Adorable Kids Pose As Iconic Figures In Latino History
- 09/23/14--12:58: 18 Tinder Messages That Went From 0 To 100, Real Quick
- 09/23/14--15:48: Why Is There Spaghetti Here?
- 09/24/14--01:29: 16 plats de spaghetti en pleine crise existentielle
- 09/26/14--13:05: How To Write A Great Fashion Trend Piece
- 09/29/14--12:02: A Beginner's Guide To Starting Therapy
- 10/03/14--09:46: 24 Times Tumblr Told The Truth About Men
- 10/08/14--12:43: 6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now
- 10/08/14--12:43: 29 Things You Can Call Women Instead Of "Females"
- 10/10/14--11:14: 14 New Shows You Won't See This Fall
- 10/10/14--14:41: You Need To See This Extra Turnt Grandpa Breaking It Down
- 10/15/14--11:57: 23 Perfect Halloween Costume Ideas For People With Natural Hair
- 10/15/14--16:26: 28 Iconic Fashion Trends From The Early 2000s
- 10/20/14--13:08: 24 Iconic Fashion Moments Beyoncé Gave Us In The Mid-2000s
- 10/23/14--11:01: Who Said It: Jaden Smith Or Jean-Paul Sartre?
- 10/27/14--13:59: Poll: How Weird Are Your Refrigeration Habits?
- 10/29/14--14:37: 23 Times Rap Lyrics Actually Slayed You
- 10/31/14--10:42: 27 Times Tumblr Captured How You Feel About Dating
- 10/31/14--14:18: The Masturbation Survey All Women Need To Take
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Eunique Jone’s ” Because of Them, We Can ” photo project celebrates leaders in the Latino community.
"Because of Them, We Can" initially began as a 30-day photo project to celebrate black history and "empower and excite young people about their history and their future." But following the success of the 30-day campaign, photographer Eunique Jones realized one month was simply not enough time to honor the trailblazers that have paved the way for so many. Jones extended the project into a yearlong endeavor, produced calendars and posters, created an equally adorable homage to overlooked figures in women's history, and eventually published a beautiful coffee table book.
This time, "Because of Them, We Can" is back but as "Por Ellos, Sí Podemos", a celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15 to Oct. 15). "We want to continue to provide imagery and messages to uplift children whose dreams and self-esteem are constantly attacked," Jones told BuzzFeed. "Por Ellos, Si Podemos" features 31 total portraits, both in Spanish and English, of artists, scientists, activists, athletes, and cultural figures that have shaped, and continue to shape, Latino history.
“0 to 100” is the name of a Drake song and also apparently the messaging strategy of the straight boys on Tinder. [NSFW language]
This guy who's probably on a PETA watch list.
This dude who needs to find a stadium of seats.
This fruit lover.
Tell me why.
Comment en sont-ils arrivés là ?
Remember, kids, it’s not a trend until it happens to white people.
Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed
1. Find the worst puns. Use them everywhere. Got a dated cultural reference? Throw that in there. A good way to measure your wordplay success is if your reader is already cringing from your headline.
2. Assume that the world looks exactly like your tiny bubble. Perhaps even right down to a specific street. Be comfy with people knowing how non-diverse your life/worldview is.
3. Be comfortable stripping a culture of its humanity and reducing it to fashion accessories.
Experts share their tips on finding the therapist who’s right for you.
Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed
It's absurd how daunting and confusing this first stage can seem, especially when it's likely that part of the reason you're seeking therapy is that you're feeling overwhelmed. (And if, after reading all of this, you still feel that this first step is just too difficult, know that you can and should reach out to loved ones to help you make these calls!) But there are ways to make this imperfect process a bit easier.
"It's very difficult, as a patient and customer, because you don't know very much going into it," says Dr. Jacques Barber, dean and professor of the Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University. "If we had a better rating system for therapists it would be easier, but we don't. A lot of the time we go by reputation, and that helps. You can check listings of therapists at PsychologyToday.com, which is pretty good. We can ask our friends, but sometimes they can't always tell us the truth, as they might not want us to see the same therapist."
Many insurance plans provide databases where you can search by location, method of therapy, and specialty. Susan Lindau, LCSW and University of Southern California professor, recommends getting referrals from other health providers, especially if you're looking for a specific area of expertise. "If a client is seeking specialized services, s/he will ask for a specific type of support from another therapist," she says. "My referrals often come from a previous therapist or psychiatrist or a treatment facility."
The best thing to keep in mind is that it's often a matter of trial and error: You might talk to a few different therapists before you land on the right one, and that's OK.
Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed
Keep in mind that not all therapies are alike, and knowing a little about different therapists' styles and specialties can help you narrow your list.
"There are two big categories of treatment and, within each, several styles," says Lindau. "[One is] psychoanalytical practice, which is seen as an anachronism in this health care economy — it frequently continues for years, exploring events that occurred in the patient's childhood. On the other hand, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has a wide variety of modules which focus on problem solving, treating the challenges of daily life as represented by phobias, problem behaviors (e.g., substance abuse, social anxiety, general anxiety disorder), and current issues which may rise out of past history."
Dr. Barber, though, hesitates to dismiss psychoanalysis, saying, "There is lots of evidence that psychodynamic therapy is effective, despite the widely held belief that cognitive behavioral therapists believe it is not."
And now for Tumblr’s favorite source of humor: white boys, straight boys, all boys really. Bloop.
On their unofficial uniform:
On the truth behind this common expression:
On the reason they never stop talking:
On their favorite photo shoots:
Simply put, it’s rude and it’s weird.
Because the words "female" and "woman" mean different things.
"Female" is a scientific term that refers to the sex of a species that is capable of producing children. The term "woman" refers specifically to human beings, while "female" could refer to any species.
Because reducing a woman to her reproductive abilities is dehumanizing and exclusionary.
When you refer to a woman as a female, you're ignoring the fact that she is a female human. It reduces a woman to her reproductive parts and abilities.
Also, not all women are biologically female, and the conflation of "female" to "woman" erases gender-nonconforming people and members of the trans community.
Because nobody ever refers to men as "males."
"You know how males are," said literally no one ever.
Because it is most often used to imply inferiority or contempt.
Not always, but often. And it's typically when "female" is used as a noun (i.e., "Females are the worst!"). Here's a fun exercise: Search the word "females" on Twitter and see what you get.
There are a lot of words in the english language . Try them.
Coming Nevuary 32nd.
Hangin' With Carol
Carol is an everyday woman leading an everyday life with two kids, a dog, and a husband. But there’s a catch—her husband is ridiculously hot.
Thinkstock / BuzzFeed
The Reasonable Housewives of Columbus, Ohio
A reality show where the cast mates have rational discussions and employ proper problem solving skills
Thinkstock / BuzzFeed
We're The Main Characters
Four women of color living their lives in NYC and their token sassy white friend.
Thinkstock / BuzzFeed
My Humble Abode
A show where young people live within their means and not in some magical apartment where they never have to worry about paying their rent.
Colin Fahrion / Creative Commons / BuzzFeed / Via flickr.com
OG Pollard is known for getting down all across the Bay Area.
Instead of working around your natural hair, make it the star of the show.
MANDEL NGAN/AFP / Getty Images
Two words: jersey gown.
A crisp pair of Air Force 1s.
Some people would put rubber bands on the bottom of their pants to keep their shoes extra crisp.
Bryan Bedder / Getty Images
Destiny’s Child has graced us with some incredible ensembles in the early to mid-2000s but when it comes to memorable fashion, Beyoncé is a force to be reckoned with in her own right.
When she wore this silky cutout shirt and rocked this glorious mane.
Getty Images Kevin Winter
When she wore this "Kimono" style shirt and gave us this adorable smile.
Getty Images Mark Mainz
When she rocked this corset dress like a sexy olive.
Getty Images Robert Mora
When she wore this peasant top jersey and gave us this incredible grin.
Getty Images Vince Bucci
50 years ago, philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature but he turned it down. Is Jaden Smith his contemporary incarnate?
Jenny Chang / BuzzFeed
There are some people who refrigerate their chips and we need to talk about it.
“Mayonnaise colored Benz/I push miracle whips.” Wait, what?
On developing a crush:
On the single struggle: